Friday, April 19, 2024

Just for the Summer - Melody Carlson

 

This story had vibes of The Holiday though it was set in the summer. Who knew switching jobs with someone else could be so revealing,

Jacqueline and Ginny both have a lot to learn in this delightful tale. This one is set in Seattle and in Idaho which are worlds apart. Having grown up in Idaho and near Idaho Falls, I was delighted to have my state featured, but always get a little distracted when details aren't quite like what I know. That being said, this story was a fun and light summer read, but did have some strong emotional vibes

Jacqueline and Giinny could not be more different from each other. One relishes the glitz and the glamour and the other is a really hard worker that doesn't focus on the fashion.

What would a job switch be with romance in the new areas. The male protagonists were well written and had character all their own. I have read this author before and love the touristy destinations she writes about. I love the small town vibe.

There is conflict in the stories without it being overwhelming and unmanageable. I think this story worthy of other women's fiction summer reads that have come before it. This is a nice clean read with just the right touch of Christian influence

I received an early copy from the publisher on NetGalley and this is my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

View Previous Reviews and Blog

Welcome to the new location for Reading With Emily

 Due to difficulties maintaining the previous site, after all, this blog is a hobby and not a source of income, I was no longer able to uplo...